Euro 2020 Themed Day
We have had another busy week, rounded off by our Euro 2020 Themed Day to celebrate the current tournament (Come On England!!) Below is a brief overview of what we did during the themed day.
- All of KS2 entered a competition where we had to design our own Pool House Football Kit and…
A Week In Isolation
This week we were in isolation from Monday to Thursday but we still managed to achieve a lot!
- We continued learning about Algebra, which is what we had been learning about in Mathematics last week. We carried out a number of multi-step questions involving algebraic equations.
The End Of The Jabberwocky
On Monday, we started the day as normal with a spelling test. After break, we did some volume in Mathematics. In the afternoon, we did RE and learnt about the soul, then we did orienteering with Mr Blackburn
We started, the day with some handwriting practice and then…
A fun four days!
On Tuesday, we started the morning with an arithmetic. After break we did a little more Maths about the Inverse Operation and finished of the day with a PE lesson and also some history.
On Wednesday, we started the day with a game of Pointless Mathematics to revise…
Emily's Gold Class Blog
On Monday, we did our spelling test in the morning and then started to learn about the Jabberwocky in English. After lunch, we started our PE topic on Orienteering and had to run around the school grounds searching for Orienteering flags. Our RE topic today was about what happens after…
A Fantastic First Week Back!
A warm welcome back to you all! This week has been a busy one but a really enjoyable one and I think everyone has enjoyed being back after half term. The blog this week has been written by Emily Jones again who is our chief blogger!
On Monday, we practiced our skill of long…
Red Nose Day
What a busy but fantastic day we have had today for Red Nose Day!
1. We bought Red Noses to support a really good cause and designed our own Red Noses and our theme for future Red Nose Day's.
2. We carried out a Red Nose Day quiz in different teams. The three different categories were -…
Today, we made our whole class WW2 time line. Also we went on active learn (Maths flex) it wasn’t everyone’s favourite, but we all did it and did well. In the afternoon we had our film afternoon and watched Christmas Chronicles 2.
On Monday, we learnt about simple and compound leaves in science. We went on a hunt in the school grounds looking for leaves to classify. Also in PE we had an obstacle course in the hall which included: star jumps, skipping, press ups and walking across the ladders.
This week our blog has been written by Emily Jones, our Deputy Head Girl, who has volunteered to write some of our blogs. Have a read of Emily's first blog of the year, below:
On Monday, we learnt about percentages and formal and…
- In Science this week we created our own classifying diagrams/branching diagrams. We first created diagrams for a range of ‘Flanimals’ (nonsense creatures) before also classifying a range of well-known biscuits too. This task will set us up nicely for classifying a range of animals and plants in…
- On Wednesday we remembered all those who have given their lives for us in various conflicts throughout the years. We created our own poems of remembrance and war and then read performed these to the class. We also created our own war themed silhouettes. Look out for these in our gallery…