We are all really sad that school has to close and we are aware that you will be naturally concerned about your child's education. It is important to remember that all children are off at the same time and therefore all children are in the same position. No child will be missing out on directed learning.
It is my suggestion that if you want to carry out activities with your children whilst school is closed, you focus on consolidating and securing skills we have already covered so far in school.
- Recognising and forming phase 2 and 3 phonics sounds (see phonics page for phonics sound mats)
- Reading and writing Gruffolo words
- Reading and writing numbers 1-20
- Sharing stories and talking about the characters and the setting
- Recognising 2D shapes (square, retangle, circle, semi-circle, triangle, pentagon, hexagon, oval) Draw and make shape pictures and repeating patterns.
- Sing songs
- Make up dances
- Play catch
- Play football
- Build a den
- Have a tea party
- Make sandwiches
- Write a letter to someone you love
- Paint or draw pictures using the correct colours
- Send Mrs Parkinson an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) I will check and reply once a week.
- Bake, measuring out ingredients
- Play with different containers in the bath (which holds more or less)
- Have cuddles and enjoy time together
This is not a list of things you must do or we expect you to do it is just a little guidance for those of you who wish to keep your little ones busy.
Websites you could use are
Phonics play https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/
Active learn https://www.activelearnprimary.co.uk