We have had a fantastic week at Tower Wood. A massive thank you to Amy, Paul and Nick who were our instructors throughout the week! We had a brilliant week, trying out a range of activities that we had never had the chance to experience before. Below are our top moment of the week.
- We had the chance to experience canoeing on Lake Windermere. Each of the groups had the chance to canoe across the lake, stop for a swim in the lake, as well as play a number of games in both the canoes and the water during the activity.
- We made sure we were equipped with a suitable helmet and harness and then experience tree climbing. There were three different trees that we had the opportunity to climb, each with different characteristics, shapes and challenges. We also scaled the obstacle course, working in pairs and small groups to solve challenges that we were given.
- Each team experienced the SUP (Stand Up Paddle) Boards. We worked as a team to learn how to move the board, climb aboard the SUP in shallow and deep water as well as how to make the board move. We raced on the SUPs, carried out ‘gladiatorial’ challenges as well as competing to see who could jump off the SUPs in the most spectacular way.
- We travelled to Tilberthwaite Ghyll in Coniston. Here we explored the remains of some of the mines, had a leisurely walk before taking part in Ghyll Scrambling back down to the mini bus. This was very challenging activity for some but it was great to see the team work skills of the group really shine through during this task.
- We had the opportunity to use the Sailboats. We learnt the key parts of the boat, such as the rudder, as well as learning how to use the wind to our advantage whilst sailing. Once we had developed our skills, we sailed across the lake using the sails on the funboats.
An absolutely fantastic week that everyone enjoyed! Make sure you look on our school Facebook Page for the daily updates from the week if you have not seen them already.