22 April 2022
Welcome back!! It has been another busy week in Gold Class as we begin Summer Term. The highlights of our first week back are:
- We had a busy week in Mathematics as we prepare for our upcoming SATs, This week we have practising a range of arithmetic skills, including spotting the errors that others have made when answering arithmetic questions. We have also learnt how to solve “What was my number?” questions using the inverse whilst also learning how to calculate the radius and diameter.
- In English we have been revising our SPAG knowledge, focusing on suffixes and prefixes and how we would answer a range of questions involving each of these. We also completed a Reading Skills activity titled “The Penalty”.
- We began our new History unit about memorials and monuments in the local area. We discussed what memorials and monuments are and the similarities and differences between them. We also looked at some local memorials and monuments in the local area, such as the Sir Tom Finney ‘Splash’ statue and a plaque commemorating Dick Kerr’s Ladies.
- In Design Technology we began preparing for our Year 6 Tuck Shop that we are planning to run in Summer Term 2. This week we began by creating appropriate branding for our shop by creating our own business logos for the shop that incorporate the school name and colours.
- In Physical Education we began our Football Development Programme. This week we focused on developing our dribbling skills.