- We have really enjoyed our Art topic looking at Van-Gogh. We have made a class image of ‘Starry Night’, sketched in 3D Van-Gogh’s famous chair and used to collage to recreate his ‘Iris’ painting.
- In our poetry topic we have learnt lots of different things and really enjoyed writing our own poems. We have learnt what onomatopoeia, alliteration, metaphor, simile and personification are and how to use them in poetry. We have also looked at free verse, kenning and haiku poems.
- In History we have been learning about the Anglo-Saxons. We have learnt why they invaded Britain, how they changed Britain and studied some artefacts and sources from that time.
- We have learnt lots of interesting facts about Electricity in our Science topic. Such as, how to make a light bulb work in a simple series circuit, how to stay safe around electricity and learnt what conductors and insulators are.
- In Maths over the last week we have studied mental methods for addition and subtraction: near doubles, near halves, counting on and counting back. We have all enjoyed this and learnt a lot of new skills through it.
Our certificate winners this week are:
Star of the week – Kayden
Merits – Filza and Israel
Good Friend – Patryk
We have had an amazing half term and cannot wait to be back after a good break!
(Blog written by all of Year 4)