Hello from Silver Class!
These are our top 5 moments this week.
1) We have done reading skills and our reading skills book is The Twits.
2) Today AFC Fylde came in and we played bench ball and dodgeball in PE.
3) In English we have been writing notes for our biography about Neil…
Our top 5 moments in Silver class this week -
1) "We have been learning about Neil Armstrong in English. We are making a timeline of his life." - Jamie
2) "In Mathematics we have been converting fractions to decimals." - Archie
3) "On Tuesday we had a non-uniform day to remember the Queen…
What a wonderful first week in Silver class. The children have been fantastic and settled into the expectations of being in Year 4 so well. We've had a fun week, and even though we knew each other very well already, we have played some games and activities to find out even more about our…
This week we have been focusing on the ladder method in Mathematics, the children have worked hard to master this method and use their times tables to support them.
In English we have continued developing our virtual tours all about school. The children have enjoyed researching and writing all…
Our top 6 moments this week have been:
- In Mathematics we have been finding the perimeter of different shapes – Scarlett
- In English we have continued reading the Iron Man and focused on the author’s use of direct speech and written our own direct speech. – Damian
- In Science we looked at…
This week we have been focusing on Fractions and Decimals in Mathematics. The children have enjoyed learning more about how to use these skills more this week. We have completed a treasure hunt to answer questions finding fractions of amounts to get to the end of the treasure map. We have…
This week our top moments have been:
- “We’ve been learning about the grid method.” – Maddison
- “We have finished making our Anglo-Saxon boats with Miss Hargreaves.” – Leyton & Israel
- “Yesterday we made Mother’s Day cards.” – Lucy
- “In English we have been looking at rap poems.” –…
Our top five moments this week are:
- On Wednesday we began making our Anglo-Saxon boats in DT using art straws for a mast and felt for sails and shields.
- In PE we have learnt more about gymnastics in particular different types of balances.
- In English we have become word detectives…
Here are the 5 things that silver class did this week.
- In Maths we have done short division and carrying remainders.
- In English we wrote our own article about the impact on children of Covid.
- In History we have learnt how Anglo-Saxons punished people.
- In Science we have learnt how…
This week the children have enjoyed learning about a lot of new things, here are a few things we have particularly enjoyed:
- ‘I have enjoyed converting between kilometres and metres.’ Elle
- ‘I enjoyed starting to learn about animals and their habitats in Science.’ Bree-Anna
- ‘We loved World…
This week we have decided our top five moments of the week have been:
- Science – we have looked at muffling and blocking sounds. This week we talked about how sound travels into our ear through different mediums.
- Mathematics – we have learnt about telling the time on an analogue and…
This week we have six top moments (we couldn’t narrow it down to five there were just too many!).
- We have worked on our column subtraction and have ALL been able to exchange numbers of different sizes including decimal numbers!
- We have been planning and writing our own short…