21 January 2022
- This week we built on our learning from the past two weeks in Science and had a go at creating our own fossils using clay, shells, plaster and sand amongst other materials. We have left this to dry over the weekend and plan to excavate them early next week.
- We began our new topic of Harry Potter in English and read the first three chapters of the book in preparation for our written work next week.
- In PE we took part in a number of games that were designed to increase of team work skills.
- In Mathematics this week we spent the week focusing on the skill of rounding. By the end of the week we had learnt or revised how to round to the nearest 10, 100, 1000, 10000, 10000 as well as the nearest integer and to one and two decimals places.
- In Art we created our own abstract collage in the style of Kurt Schwitters, using only everyday classroom resources such as scrap paper, post-its, paper towels and tissues.