On Tuesday we celebrated World Book Day. We were dressed up as witches and wizards as our class and key stage theme was centred on ‘Room on the Broom’ by Julia Donaldson. We turned invisible as we went on a stick hunt to then make our own magical wands, we wrote a spooky potion, created dances and acted out the story after we read it together as a class. We had a wonderful, fun-filled day and we shared some of our other favourite stories with each other and where and why we liked to read.
(Please see the gallery page for pictures from our day.)
Other highlights from our week:
1. We used or multiples of 2 knowledge to help us identify odd and even numbers.
2. The children labelled and described the function of parts of a plant in Science.
3. We discussed the needs of different people of all ages in PSHCE.
4. We wrote labels and captions in English as part of our new non-fiction text ‘Why Do Elephants Have Big Ears?’.
5. We learnt how to use a dictionary in our Reading Skills lesson and explored different types of vocabulary.
6. Our new digraphs in Phonics are ‘aw’ (or), ‘ir’ (er) and ‘ph’ (f).
Star of the Week – Nourah
Good Friend Award – Kevin
Merit Certificates – Emilia and Hunter
AFC Fylde Football Award - Essie