Our top five moment of the week:
- We foraged for some materials to paint with in our Art lesson with Mrs Dorota.
- We explored and compared the structure of animals in Science.
- In Mathematics we have looked at 2D shapes.
- We have made inferences about a picture in our Reading Skills…
- We enjoyed celebrating the Queen on Tuesday as we made cards, performed to ‘Dancing Queen’ with Miss Leah in dance and designed new postcards for King Charles.
- We experimented with colour mixing in Art with Mrs Dorota.
- In History we explored toys from the past.
We have had a fabulous four day week in Moonbeam Class and here are some of our highlights:
- We have enjoyed using bee bots as part of our direction and position work in Mathematics.
- We explored our similarities and what we have in common with our friends in PSHCE.
- In Geography we…
We have had a wonderful week this week to match the wonderful weather.
- In English we have started our new poetry topic and written poems about our favourite cuddly toys.
- In Mathematics we have identified and ordered days of the week and months of the year and then answered questions…
The children have done amazingly well in their Phonics Screening this week and we are incredibly proud of them all. We celebrated their fantastic efforts this afternoon by having a slush, courtesy of the PTFA. A huge thank you to Mrs Bradley and Mr Parkinson.
We have been busy bees this week!
This week we have finished our English fictional topic of fantastic voyages. We have compared the two main characters from each of our texts and looked at similarities and differences between them. On Friday we acted out ‘Dougal’s Deep-Sea Diary’ and the…
“We have added numbers using arrays and place value” – Oliver
“We have learnt more about Hindu worship and about the main bit of the temple” – Vaishvik
“Our new book is Dougal’s Deep-Sea Diary” – Junior
“We described a setting called Atlantis” – Jessica
Our top moments of the week:
- We have looked at place value for the first time in Mathematics this week and the children have done AMAZINGLY well! We are all very proud of them.
- We have written a persuasive piece of writing in English, trying to persuade people to visit Bob on the moon.…
Our focus in Mathematics this week has been 3D shapes.
- Made 3D shape models
- Learnt about their properties including vertices, edges and faces
- Incorporated our knowledge of 2D shapes to describe the shape faces on a 3D shape
- Found everyday objects in the environment…
Welcome back! We hope you all had a wonderful Easter break and enjoyed the lovely weather over the bank holiday weekend.
We started off Summer Term with a trip to the moon! We were all very excited as we prepared for our flight in the rocket through space and up to the moon. We tried some…
A beautiful week
What a beautiful week we have had in Moonbeam Class this week, both with the weather and with each other.
Highlights of our week:
- In Science we went on a plant hunt for wild and garden plants around the School grounds.
- We have identified half of a 2D shape…
We like to move it, move it
We started off our week with a P.E day in the hall. We did circuit training, mile a day, zumba and yoga. We had an amazing day and the children were very enthusiastic with all the different activities. We were all ready for a rest by the end of the day!