Our penultimate week of Autumn Term 2 has been one to remember!
We have performed our ‘Boogie Woogie Nativity’ to our families and friends and all of the children did a marvellous job. We are very proud of them all.
Also this week we have enjoyed singing Christmas songs and starting our…
A boogie woogie week
We have had a fantastic week and we have started rehearsing our Nativity in the hall; with Sunshine and Rainbow classes and we have worked so hard with singing our songs, learning our lines and dancing in front of others.
We have learnt about the Nativity and the birth of Jesus in our R.E…
Short but sweet
We have had a short but sweet week with only three days in School.
- We have recapped the sounds ‘ar’ and ‘ear’ in Phonics.
- We created mud pie poems.
- We learnt about counting on in multiples of five in Mathematics.
- We discussed and celebrated our own and others strengths.
The Big Green Dragon!
On Monday morning we had a surprise in our classroom! The Big Green Dragon had visited our classroom on Sunday night, leaving a letter and a lot of mess in our classroom. We cleaned it up, read the letter and then looked for clues on how he got in. On Tuesday we wrote letters to the Dragon and…
Top five moments of the week
Our top five moment of the week:
- We foraged for some materials to paint with in our Art lesson with Mrs Dorota.
- We explored and compared the structure of animals in Science.
- In Mathematics we have looked at 2D shapes.
- We have made inferences about a picture in our Reading Skills…
A wonderful week
- We enjoyed celebrating the Queen on Tuesday as we made cards, performed to ‘Dancing Queen’ with Miss Leah in dance and designed new postcards for King Charles.
- We experimented with colour mixing in Art with Mrs Dorota.
- In History we explored toys from the past.
A fabulous four day week
We have had a fabulous four day week in Moonbeam Class and here are some of our highlights:
- We have enjoyed using bee bots as part of our direction and position work in Mathematics.
- We explored our similarities and what we have in common with our friends in PSHCE.
- In Geography we…
Feeling hot, hot, hot!
We have had a wonderful week this week to match the wonderful weather.
- In English we have started our new poetry topic and written poems about our favourite cuddly toys.
- In Mathematics we have identified and ordered days of the week and months of the year and then answered questions…
The children have done amazingly well in their Phonics Screening this week and we are incredibly proud of them all. We celebrated their fantastic efforts this afternoon by having a slush, courtesy of the PTFA. A huge thank you to Mrs Bradley and Mr Parkinson.
Busy bees in Moonbeam
We have been busy bees this week!
This week we have finished our English fictional topic of fantastic voyages. We have compared the two main characters from each of our texts and looked at similarities and differences between them. On Friday we acted out ‘Dougal’s Deep-Sea Diary’ and the…
Our week by Moonbeam Class
“We have added numbers using arrays and place value” – Oliver
“We have learnt more about Hindu worship and about the main bit of the temple” – Vaishvik
“Our new book is Dougal’s Deep-Sea Diary” – Junior
“We described a setting called Atlantis” – Jessica
Place value superstars
Our top moments of the week:
- We have looked at place value for the first time in Mathematics this week and the children have done AMAZINGLY well! We are all very proud of them.
- We have written a persuasive piece of writing in English, trying to persuade people to visit Bob on the moon.…