It has been a very different week at Pool House CP School.
Thank you for all your support and understanding at this uncertain time.
In line with the Government's decision, school will be closing today at 3.15pm until further notice.
Remember to keep washing your hands as much as…
Monday - We learnt more about the significant nurse, Mary Seacole.
Tuesday - It was Parents Evening across school and lots of children got a good report.
Wednesday - We learnt all about the life cycle of a plant.
Thursday - We created leaver mechanisms in Art and Design…
IT WAS WORLD BOOK DAY ON THURSDAY!
1. Monday was a busy day with English, Mathematics and History.
2. Tuesday we used our computing skills to explore chocolate.
3. Wednesday was the day we wrote our Willy Wonka chapters.
4. Thursday was our amazing world book day all about the…
1. We have been taste testing chocolates as we started our new topic in English about Growing Chocolate.
2. We have been learning about 2D and 3D Shapes.
3. We had a letter from Willy Wonka, he needed our help.
4. If we are well behaved we may be given a golden ticket.
1. We have read Supertato, made predictions, sequenced the story, planned our own version and written our own version of the story. Look at the gallery for pictures.
2. In Mathematics we have been recognising different coins and making different amounts of money. On Friday afternoon we opened…
1. We have learnt about multiplication arrays and finished formal subtraction problems.
2. In RE we learnt how to keep promises and what promises we should keep.
3. We did a big experiment in Science, testing different materials.
4. In English we learnt about poems.
5. We recreated…
1. We have been reading Maximus and the Beanstalk.
2. We have been using our place value knowledge to add two 2-digit numbers.
3. Miss Hazeldine has joined our class to teach some interesting lessons.
4. Miss Hargreaves taught us more about Monet and we did finger painting.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
1. We wrote our own versions of Jack and the Beanstalk.
2. Football Development coaches played football with us and taught us about healthy eating.
3. Miss Hargreaves taught us about Monet and we painted a colour wheel.
4. We are learning all about China.
An early blog as we are soon to finish our first term as Rainbow Class.
What an exciting Christmas week it has been.
Monday - We made calendars and Christmas cards.
Tuesday - We went to Blackburn Ice Arena to watch Sleeping Beauty on Ice.
Wednesday - It was our Christmas party and…
Top 5 Moments of Nativity Week -
1. On Tuesday we performed the nativity, all the parents and carers came to watch.
2. Mrs Cole was very proud of us for our performance in the show.
3. We worked very hard to make the show special including performing at 9.30am and 6pm.
Another week. Another adventure.
1. We have finished our Orang-utan report.
2. Friday was a non-uniform day to raise goods for the upcoming Christmas Fair.
3. We have used repeated addition and arrays to multiply numbers.
4. We have started rehearsals for Whoopsy Angel.
Top 5 moments of this week
1. It has been a vert mixed up week in Year 2 with lots of different things to do.
2. We have been training for Safer Travel Week.
3. We have been investigating healthy lifestyles and looked at how to brush teeth.
4. We learnt more about the Poppy Appeal and…