Top Five Moments of the Week
1. We had a surprise visit from Father Christmas' elf - he is called Elton.
2. We have been counting in different steps in our Mathematics learning, steps of 2, 5, 10 and 3.
3. We have read The Jolly Postman and The Jolly Christmas Postman (and the Pocket…
Top Five Moments from this week!
1.We have done loads of learning about money! We have recognised coins, added coins together, found different combinations of coins that total the same amount and solved word problems.
2. In Science, we have been learning about the characteristics of birds,…
Top Five Moments of the Week
1.We have been learning how to subtract two 2-digit numbers with a 100 square.
2. We have been planning our non-fiction text about orang-utans.
3. We have learnt about mammals and amphibians in Science.
4. We have played football with the football coach,…
Top five moments this week -
1. We learnt about the basic needs of animals in Science.
2.We have learnt how to multiply using arrays.
3. We did two PE lessons this week, one all about gymnastics and one with Dan the Football Coach.
4. We learnt more about the orang-utans and we…
Top Five Moments of Week 8:
1. We enjoyed speaking about Bonfire Night, we learnt about Guy Fawkes and the Gunpowder Plot.
2. We learnt all about orang-utans and read our new non-fiction book.
3. In PE, we played football with the football coach and we balanced in gymnastics.
Top Five Moments from Week 6
1. We have read Silly Billy and Operation Night Monster in English.
2. We have been partitioning numbers and learning number bonds to 10.
3. We enjoyed two PE lessons, one about dance and one with the football coach.
4. We have been using atlas skills to…
Week 2 - Top Five Moments
1. We have been learning about superheroes and writing about Traction Man.
2. We have been reading our new class novel 'Jeremiah in the Dark Woods'.
3. We played football with the coaches at AFC Fylde.
4. We have been adding numbers together.
Welcome back! A new year and a new class.
This is what we have been up to...
We have read The Tiger Who Came to Tea by Judith Kerr.
We wrote lots of adjectives about the crocodile and the tiger.
We made hot air balloons about our favourite stories.
We read The Crocodile…
It has been a very different week at Pool House CP School.
Thank you for all your support and understanding at this uncertain time.
In line with the Government's decision, school will be closing today at 3.15pm until further notice.
Remember to keep washing your hands as much as…
Monday - We learnt more about the significant nurse, Mary Seacole.
Tuesday - It was Parents Evening across school and lots of children got a good report.
Wednesday - We learnt all about the life cycle of a plant.
Thursday - We created leaver mechanisms in Art and Design…
IT WAS WORLD BOOK DAY ON THURSDAY!
1. Monday was a busy day with English, Mathematics and History.
2. Tuesday we used our computing skills to explore chocolate.
3. Wednesday was the day we wrote our Willy Wonka chapters.
4. Thursday was our amazing world book day all about the…
1. We have been taste testing chocolates as we started our new topic in English about Growing Chocolate.
2. We have been learning about 2D and 3D Shapes.
3. We had a letter from Willy Wonka, he needed our help.
4. If we are well behaved we may be given a golden ticket.