Highlights of the week -
1. This week we have been learning Phonics and SPAG, all about contractions.
2. We had a fantastic Sports Day in the sun.
3. We learnt all about child workers in the Industrial Revolution.
4. We have been representing data in Mathematics using tally…
We have had a wonderful week this week to match the wonderful weather.
- In English we have started our new poetry topic and written poems about our favourite cuddly toys.
- In Mathematics we have identified and ordered days of the week and months of the year and then answered questions…
Top five moments of the week
1. We have learnt about Katie-Morag and read her stories.
2. We explored plant habitats around the country.
3. We read the story of Moses and the Ten Commandments.
4. We have learnt about the Industrial Revolution and child workers.
5. We have learnt…
This week in Sunshine class, we have been learning about minibeasts and trees.
We went on a minibeast hunt and we found lots of spiders, slugs and beetles!
"I found two spiders in the tyre!" - Cruz
Miss Grice taught us about trees and now we know how to tell the difference…
The children have done amazingly well in their Phonics Screening this week and we are incredibly proud of them all. We celebrated their fantastic efforts this afternoon by having a slush, courtesy of the PTFA. A huge thank you to Mrs Bradley and Mr Parkinson.
We have been having lots of fun in Year 5 this week and had lots of exciting learning going on too.
Miss Eccles, our trainee teacher, has been working with us in PE and Science. We have been using our map skills to find symbols around the school grounds in PE. In Science, we dissected a heart.…
We have been busy bees this week!
This week we have finished our English fictional topic of fantastic voyages. We have compared the two main characters from each of our texts and looked at similarities and differences between them. On Friday we acted out ‘Dougal’s Deep-Sea Diary’ and the…
This week has been a week of consolidation and gap filling. We have been making sure all our phonics sounds are secure and any we weren’t sure of we have recapped and revisited. We have also, made sure we are forming
Miss Grice has been reading lots of different Bible…
Today we have been celebrating the Queen's jubilee. She has been the Queen for 70 years.
We made a collage of pictures from London.
I have been eating a big dinner with all of school in the hall. I had a ham sandwich.
We played head hunters outside and did lots of running to try and…
This week has been SATs week and all of the children have done themselves proud. The staff at Pool House are incredibly proud of each of them and I’m sure you at home will be too.
Our week began on Monday with our SPAG Test and Spelling Test. Then on Tuesday in was a Reading paper in which…
“We have added numbers using arrays and place value” – Oliver
“We have learnt more about Hindu worship and about the main bit of the temple” – Vaishvik
“Our new book is Dougal’s Deep-Sea Diary” – Junior
“We described a setting called Atlantis” – Jessica
A busy week in Rainbow Class -
1. We have been prevising key skills in Mathematics including shape, subtraction and symmetry.
2. We have learnt more reading skills and read fiction and non-fiction texts.
3. We have learnt more about microhabitats in Science.
4. We have looked at the…