What time is it Mr Wolf?
This week we have been working our socks off! I am so proud of everyone in Moonbeam Class and we have had an amazing week.
In Mathematics we have learnt how to tell and show the time for the hour (o’clock) ad half past the hour using analogue clocks. We have used real clocks in our environment…
Highlights of our week:
- We have been measuring using standard units of measurement and we have all been practising measuring using a ruler and cm.
- We have learnt new ways of writing ‘igh’ in Phonics. (ie and i-e)
- We learnt about high and low pitches of sound in Music.
- We talked about…
Happy New Year! Our first four days back in Moonbeam Class have been fantastic and Mrs Dorota and I have really enjoyed hearing all about the children’s stories from their time off.
This week we have started our new fairy tale term in English. We have discussed which fairy tales are our…
The most wonderful time of year
Over the last two weeks, we have:
- Performed the Nativity to our adults twice and we were AMAZING!
- Had Christmas dinner with Key Stage One in the hall.
- Partied the day away with our friends in the infants on Christmas party day.
- Completed a Christmas quiz.
- Been to watch a pantomime…
Elvis is in the building
Elvis the Elf has returned to Moonbeam Class and causing all sorts of mischief whilst making sure we are trying our best in class and get ready for Christmas.
Also this week in Moonbeam Class:
- We have begun rehearsals for our Nativity.
- The children have enjoyed the new Christmas…
Our week in Moonbeam Class
Our week in Moonbeam Class:
- We researched Christmas decorations in D.T with Mrs Dorota.
- In Mathematics, we compared number using <, > and =.
- We went on an autumn walk and wrote our own diaries in English.
- With Key Stage One we have practised our nativity songs.
- We learnt about…
Children in Need 2021
Today has been Children in Need and we have worn yellow, spots or Pudsey themes outfits to help raise as much money as we possibly can for the charity. In class we discussed why we raise money, what a charity is and who the money is for.
We have enjoyed lots of activities such as making Pudsey…
We will remember them
This week in Moonbeam Class we have been learning about what Remembrance Day is and why poppies are sold and worn each year. We learnt about soldiers and the armed forces, watched Remembrance Day parades, explored different types of uniforms, painted our own poppies, used adjectives to describe…
Three delightful days
Three delightful days in Moonbeam Class:
We have made Diwali cards in the hall with Jazz - Virtue
We learnt Diwali dances – Junior
We talked about being safe around a bonfire – Hunter
We have painted Diwali cards – Essie
We made Rangoli patterns – Kevin
We made a Diwali…
First half term...completed!
We have had a wonderful first half term in Moonbeam Class and we have loved every part of being together.
During our final week we have enjoyed:
- Using a number line to add two numbers together.
- Exploring similarities and differences between animals.
- Placing toys from the past and…
Our favourite parts of the week:
1. Singing lots of autumn songs in the hall with Sunshine and Rainbow class.
2. Enjoying an autumn walk in the School grounds where we collected leaves, acorns, spinning jennies and sticks. We also looked at pumpkins and also conkers with and without shells.…
A delightful week
We have had a delightful week in Moonbeam Class and the children are putting in 100% into everything they do.
We have moved onto a new fiction text in English called ‘AAARRRGGGHHH, Spider!’ we have made predictions about what the family would do at the end of the story with a house full of…